Wednesday 15 December 2010

Favourite Race Car - Updated Gallery

Following my "Favourite Race Car" blogs I thought I would update the galleries with several shots I have from old magazines articles and PR material.  Forgive me if the quality is not the best as I have scanned these in and have done my best, with very limited software, to clean them up. 

EUROCAR V6

As I mentioned before, I was a big EUROCAR fan in the 90's.

The first two shots were from the July 1994 issue of Car and Car Conversions.

The third is a poster produced by the first EUROCAR team, Dagenham Motors who ran Barry Lee (1) and Alf Boarer (2).






 





EUROCAR V8

In 1996 EUROCAR introduced the V8.

The first photo of the 77 and the black 3 car was from the March 1994 issue of Car and Car Conversions. 

The first car was Mike Jordans 77 Mac Tools sponsored car.

The 77 car shot was from a Marcus Pye penned Autosport article circa 6th July 1996.

The black 3 car photo was taken from a 1996 EUROCAR PR poster.


INDY ROADSTER

These pictures are all taken from American magazine, Vintage Motorsport, May/June 2009. The car is the 1959 Simoniz Special Watson-Offy Indy Roadster.






 


IROC
 

My favourite IROC race car has always been the 1994/1995 Dodge Avenger. The shots of the black and white cars were taken from the  March 1994 issue of Motor Trend, where they previewed the look of the upcoming Dodge coupe by track testing the IROC version, the red car and interior shots were found on the internet.



KURTIS KRAFT OFFY MIDGET

These shots of the 1947 Kurtis-Kraft Offy Midget came from the March/April 2006 issue of Vintage Motorsport.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?