Friday 3 December 2010

Favourite Race Cars Part 4 - Anything Else

With the motor racing off season upon us I found myself questioning... what does the author of a topical motorsport based blog write about when there is no racing??

The first answer I came up with is to talk about what I love about racing, starting with my favourite race cars, so here we go... last of all...  Part 4... Anything Else.. 

LE MANS

I am not the biggest Le Mans fan but the stand out cars for me are...

1964 Le Mans winning Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe - just gorgeous!

The 1989 Le Mans winning Sauber Mercedes was a good looking race car; they even cleaned the Mercedes badge on the front in the pit stops.







1991 Jaguar XJR1- even though it was purple.

1998 Panoz GTR1 - Not good looking... not very quick... but such character.







OTHERS - just 'cos I can...

1990-1992 Jaguar XJR-15 - The one make series was not around for long but in its day it was stunning.






1993 DTM Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI - came with matching brght red, and always immaculate, transporters.










I am not a rally fan but if I had to choose; the Ford RS200.







A list of my favourite race cars would not be finished without...



So, not the shortest list, and not in any way definitive (no GT40, Lotus Cortina, Mk1 (touring car) Mini Cooper, Ford Coupe bodied Legend, IROC Dodge Avenger, Lightning Rod Sierra, step away from the keyboard...), but a talking point nevertheless!!

I hope you enjoyed my favourite race car list, now what about yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?